Scientific Frontiers call for abstracts
PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING ABSTRACTS HAS NOW PASSED. A list of confirmed talks and posters will appear here soon. Thank you
The IPA World Congress + Probiota Americas 2017 is now inviting abstracts for the Scientific Frontiers sessions at the conference. Successful abstracts will have the opportunity to be selected for either a short oral presentation (10 minutes) or a poster at the conference.
We are looking for abstracts presenting the latest state-of-the-art developments related to all aspects of prebiotic, probiotic and microbiome science relevant to human health, well-being, consumers and industry. We are particularly interested in reports from human intervention studies.
We welcome abstracts from those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health, particularly those representing successful academe-industry interactions.
All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee, made up of leading experts within the fields of pre and probiotics. Successful authors will be invited to present their work either as an oral presentation or a poster at The IPA World Congress & Probiota Americas conference running from June 7-9, 2017 in San Francisco.
Those whose abstracts are accepted will receive a 50% discount on their registration for the conference.
Please note that all discount information will be sent when authors are notified that their abstract has been accepted.
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research or promising ideas covering the following topics are encouraged:
- Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions
- Application and development of “-omics” approaches in biomarker discovery, including identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains. Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and wellbeing, including mechanism of action and bioactive discovery and isolation
- Early findings from large scale research projects and clinical trials
- Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery, formulation and shelf-life
- Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing
- Human intervention studies
Any questions about the abstract submission process or the poster session can be addressed to Dr Gemma Pearce.